Lighting for the home
Depending on the time of day and year, the lighting in your home needs to adapt to many different moods, ambient and functional requirements – and creating lit environments that respond to all these needs is the starting point of all our lighting designs. Choosing the right lighting technique, the best system for managing the control options, as well as styles and quantities of equipment creates spaces that provide both visual comfort and pleasure.
Added to this are electricity savings and the potential for enhancing the physical well being of everyone at home. It’s so enjoyable working directly with private clients who have usually waited for a long long time before finally changing their home lit environments.
Here’s a few examples of client briefs:
• We both get up really early so would love it if the bathroom lighting could be welcoming, invigorating and ‘sunny’ on cold, winter mornings.
• We want an atmosphere in the family room on winter afternoons that encourages the kids to focus on homework after school.
• We love our huge family room/kitchen/dining area but we need different lighting scenes to suit all the family’s differing activities.
• Its really important to highlight the statuette in the feature alcove; we bought it on honeymoon in Bali.
• There’s a lovely old garden feature we rescued from mum & dad’s garden we want it to be tastefully lit and clearly visible from the lounge.
• We need good clear light for when we read in the evening..
• We’d like to leave a low level light on the landing and in the bathroom at night so the children and grandparents can find their way to the bathroom easily.
• We want to be able to sometimes create a ‘disco’ feel in the evenings whether it’s the kids or the grown‐ups who want to party. And of course, a sophisticated restaurant atmosphere in the dining room for entertaining.
• We want every light source to be individually addressable by “smart” control and to change colour.
• We’d like seductive lighting in the bedroom – when we get precious time for ourselves.
We can work with you to create a truly lovely home atmosphere